There's no doubt about it, Appenzell, Switzerland is one of our favorite corners of the alps. This idyllic region boasts towering green mountains, numerous alpine lakes, rolling countryside, and in early summer, endless wildflowers.
When Carolina and Russel reached out to us about commemorating their marriage with an epic day in the mountains, we immediately suggested this area for their June wedding. C+R had actually gotten legally married nearly 18 months earlier but had to cancel their original wedding plans twice. First, due to the pandemic, and then deployment. They were ready to finally celebrate! We went all in on crafting an unforgettable day for them, and it was memorable in all the best ways.
C+R got unmatched views, quality time with each other and their dogs, delicious mountain hut food, a hint of every weather condition imaginable, and *the most incredible* sunset. What more can you ask for?
Elopement Day Timeline
Carolina and Russel desired to celebrate in a way that would allow them to include their playful, energetic dogs while also relaxing, hiking, and soaking up as many unique panoramas as they could. To bring this vision to life, we opted to spend the first portion of the morning with their dogs at a nearby lake, and also doing the first look there. Then, they brought the dogs back to where they were staying and would have space to run around while C+R went hiking for the remainder of the day. This plan turned out to be perfect.
You can check out an overview of Carolina + Russel's timeline below.
- 9:30 am - We arrive at your accommodation, and take you separately to first look location
- 10:00 am - First look + photos with dogs at the nearby lake
- 11:00 am - Leave first look location, drop dogs back off at accommodation. Share a cake.
- 12:00 pm - Drive to cable car, and ride up the mountain
- 1:00 pm - Begin hiking to the hut and lake.
- 3:30 pm - Arrive at the hut, grab lunch at the hut. Change into wedding attire.
- 4:30 pm - Ceremony, Exploring, and Photos
- 6:00 pm - Hike from the Falensee to scenic viewpoint.
- 7:00 pm - Champagne pop, and a few sunset portraits
- 8:00 pm - Hike from scenic viewpoint back to the cable car
- 9:30 pm - Arrive at cable car and ride down the mountain. Say goodbyes at the bottom.
It's worth noting this adventure would also work incredibly well as two day elopement with an overnight stay at the hut. This would leave room for swimming, stargazing, or even paragliding!
Check Out Carolina + Russel's Elopement Below
Are you ready to have the experience of a lifetime?
Hey, we're Christine and Scott, and there's nothing we love more than capturing rad couples’ adventures in the places and spaces that matter most. Love what you see on the site? Hit the contact button below to start making your adventure a reality!
Share this story