Share this story
Riley and Whitney’s boho wedding in the Swiss Alps this past September was beyond dreamy! The pair’s easy-going attitudes, love for each other, and thirst for adventure was infectious. From morning til evening, we celebrated their hiking wedding in style.
Elopement Day Timeline
This adventure elopement included three locations within the Bernese Alps. You can check out their wedding timeline overview below.
- 7:15 am - Arrive + getting ready (photo coverage begins)
- 8:45 am - Drive to First look location
- 9:00 am - Arrive at first look location
- 9:30 am - Leave first look location, drive to train station
- 10:05 am - Catch train to mountain top
- 10:45 am - Arrive at Summit + take a snack break
- Hike to ceremony spot
- First Dance
- Champagne Pop
- Mountain top portraits
- 2:00 pm - Picnic + Grab Drinks at mountain hut
- 3:00 pm - Catch train back to the valley
- 3:45 pm - Arrive back in town, drive to evening location
- 4:15 pm - Read letters from family & friends. Evening portraits.
- 6:30 pm - Wrap up + say goodbyes. Coverage ends
Riley + Whitney’s Switzerland Elopement Video
For Riley + Whitney’s wedding, they booked both photo and video coverage of their Switzerland elopement. You can check out their highlight video below.
Getting Ready Infused with Stylish, Boho Elopement Details
Starting out the day, Riley & Whitney opted for getting ready coverage at their Airbnb. Because they were planning a first look (and their Airbnb was a studio), they had to get creative in making sure not to see each other that morning!
Riley + Whitney’s Airbnb was infused with stylish touches. Their elopement accessories also had a boho feel, from Riley’s bolo tie to Whitney’s dress, by Rue de Seine, The red and orange boutonniere and bouquet added a striking touch to their final look. Blumenwerkstatt Rudolf Haefliger AG did an INCREDIBLE job with creating their florals.
One unique touch I especially loved about Riley + Whitney’s elopement is how they included their dog. Whitney gifted Riley custom cuff links with their dog, Biscuit, on them! They each also have matching tattoos. One is a tattoo of their dog, and the other is a tattoo of the album cover for their first dance song.
Heartwarming Elopement First Look in Interlaken
Once the pair wrapped up getting ready, it was time for their first look in Interlaken. Along Interlaken’s shores, we had picked out the perfect spot. Riley’s jaw dropped to the floor when he saw Whitney for the first time. It was one of the most heartwarming first looks I’ve had the honor of documenting.
Mountain top elopement ceremony in the Bernese Alps
Eventually, it was time to head higher for Riley and Whitney’s mountaintop elopement ceremony in the Bernese Alps. The Bernese alps have countless elopement locations to choose from, due to the extensive cogwheel train and cable car network. We opted for a breathtaking cogwheel train ride. After the train, we took a short hike, exploring the mountainside for the perfect ceremony spot. After some meandering, we found it. The panorama in every direction was simply jaw-dropping.
Surrounded by epic views of the Swiss Alps, Riley + Whitney exchanged vows and their first dance. Afterward, the pair popped champagne to share a toast. We also took a few portraits. Before taking the train back down the mountain, we stopped at one of the mountain huts and grabbed some food.
Bridal Portraits in Lauterbrunnen
Ending their elopement day, Riley and Whitney took bridal portraits in Lauterbrunnen. Surrounded by the dramatic cliffsides, they also read letters from family and friends. It was the perfect, peaceful end to an adventure-filled elopement day. We are so grateful we had the opportunity to capture Riley and Whitney’s Switzerland elopement photos and video.
Tips for Your Boho Switzerland Wedding
Here are my three top tips for your boho wedding in Switzerland
- Choose boho details that are unique and meaningful to you. Infusing your sense of style into your day doesn’t have to be complex. Whether it’s your attire, shoes, vow books, or rings, there are plenty of small ways to make it sophisticated.
- Florals can really level up your boho style. Be sure to ask your florist on what types of flowers will be available for the season you’re getting married in. Some floral styles required dried elements that require pre-planning.
- Select the right location for your getting ready. It can influence the entire vibe of your boho wedding.
Real Switzerland Elopement Experience: A Review from our Couple
My wife Whitney and I were lucky enough to spend an entire day with Christine and Scott, and could not have had a better experience. From the beginning, they helped us with every aspect of planning our perfect elopement, and made sure every single one of our hopes would be possible for the day. Christine mapped out amazing timeline possibilities, and we had the luxury of weighing the pros and cons of several different wedding locations. First and foremost, Christine and Scott were an absolute pleasure to spend our day with. We had so much fun with our shoot, and they really made the day so special. From planning several different locations based on lighting and other factors, our pictures came out perfectly in every way. We’re so so happy we chose to work with them, and would recommend them to everyone we know!
-Riley + Whitney
Want to start planning your adventure wedding or elopement in Switzerland? You can view my Alps Elopement Pricing + Packages here, or contact me to get started.